Janus in Somalia
Janus provides security risk management services throughout Somalia, Somaliland and Puntland, assuring our clients’ ability to conduct their business safely. Our operations are managed by a team of seasoned expatriates, with a thorough working knowledge and experience of supporting clients in high risk and expeditionary environments.
Since 2013 we have operated throughout the Horn of Africa, building a strong past performance with clients. We are well placed to provide your business with robust security risk management services in this challenging environment. We liaise closely with regional and local officials responsible for the areas our clients wish to operate in, solicit buy in from key stakeholders in local communities, and employ a dominantly local workforce.
We specialise in providing unique security solutions for clients requiring access to remote locations throughout Somaliland, Puntland and Somalia. Our Mogadishu based operations focuses on delivering secure journey management services. Our core service offerings include:
- Life support
- Risk consulting
- Corporate investigations
- Technical security solutions
- Hostile environment training
- Secure journey management
- Logistics and enabling services
- Embedded security consultants
- Premium static guarding services
- Remote area mission management
- Demining and counter IED solutions
- 24/7 security operations control centres
- Supporting offshore and maritime operations
Our Competitive Edge
- Janus has been operating in Somalia since 2013.
- Audited as an ISO and PSC-1 company in Somalia
- Licensed to operate in Somaliland, Puntland and Somalia
- Highly qualified international close protection paramedics support our clients
- Our security operations centre provides 24/7 support to our clients and is located in Mogadishu, where we are able to engage with local communities.
- We have a sound understanding of our operational area and the cultural challenges.
- As part of market entry due diligence we assure clients with our ground truth assessments.
- Conduct night time secure journey management services for clients in Mogadishu
- Provide journey management and remote area mission management in all three countries
- Over 90% of our employees are Somali
- We train, live, and operate together as hybrid teams comprising Somalis and internationals.
- All employees are carefully selected, vetted, and trained.
For more information about our service in Somalia, Somaliland, and Puntland, please contact: